It’s no secret that fitness apps can be an amazing way to supplement your training! Unfortunately, many of the fitness apps that are out there are buggy, bulky, or just plain cash grabs. Knowing this, it’s hard to find apps out there that are actually worth your time.
Today, I’ve compiled a list of some of my personal favorites that you should definitely be using. These apps will cover diet, exercise, and everything in between. Best of all, they are free! (Some do have premium versions, but the free versions are more than enough.)
Without further ado, let’s get started!
Easily one of the most customizable fitness apps you can get your hands on, Exerciser is available for both iOS and Android. Now I am going to be 100% honest with you and say I am a bit biased towards this app.
Created by YouTuber “Anabolic Aliens,” also known as Mike Rosa, it has quickly become one of my favorite apps. I had originally downloaded it just because I was a fan, but I quickly found myself using it more and more.
- The layout is extremely user-friendly and visually appealing.
- In Extremely Customizable, you can change muscle groups, equipment, intervals, and the length of the workout.
- Lots of different exercises keep it fresh and make each workout a blast!
- Follow along with the trainer so you know how to do each exercise.
- Many exercises are locked behind a premium version.
- It doesn’t feel as personal or motivating as the actual YouTube videos.
My Fitness Pal is easily one of my favorite fitness apps out there. My Fitness Pal is completely free and available for both iOS and Android. While it does have a premium feature, in all of the years that I’ve used it, I’ve never had to use the premium.
My Fitness Pal allows you to track and log the foods you eat throughout the day. It has loads of information regarding your calories, macros, and weight. It allows you to track your progress day by day while feeling quite accomplished!
Not only this, but logging food is actually super easy. As long as you know what brand you are eating, My Fitness Pal has it logged!
- Loads of information at your fingertips, plus a helpful blog with recipes!
- Everything is extremely track-able, including your weight.
- It provides helpful tips and motivation to help you with your goals.
- There are loads of foods to log as long as you know the brand.
- It keeps track of all of your macros and has them in a helpful chart.
- The interface can be quite overwhelming and confusing for newbies.
- Unless verified, the nutritional info on a specific food isn’t always 100% accurate.
- If you want to get super in-depth, you will most likely have to pay a premium.
- Logging your water and exercise is really quite inaccurate and useless.
Additional Hints: mygreensdaily.com/trifecta-reviews/
Minute Workout for Android
This one is tricky because there are a lot of different versions for both iOS and Android.There are many 7-minute workout apps out there, like the one made by Johnson & Johnson. While there are many fitness apps out there, if you want a quick workout, I find that these tend to be the best.
While I haven’t used them much myself, when I have used them they were fun and motivating. The thing I love about these apps is their availability. You can literally do these workouts anywhere, anytime!
The 7-Minute Workout is definitely one you should check out if you’re just starting. It’s simple and beginner-friendly while also packing a punch.
- It’s simple design and user interface make it easy to navigate.
- It really beginner-friendly, with simple exercises that work well.
- Not time-consuming, easy-and-quick workouts.
- Workouts actually have some merit and can be great for all fitness levels.
- Workouts are meaningful and motivating with the coaches.
- If you’re advanced, the workouts may be too simple for you.
- Workouts can get a bit repetitive and sometimes lack inspiration.
- Once you’ve passed the beginner level, it’s not very useful.
If you’re looking to get a quick workout in that pushes your limits, look no further. Keelo is available for both iOS and Android and is free! Keelo is one of a kind among fitness apps and is based on HIIT workouts.
HIIT workouts are short and intense workouts that will have you wishing you stayed home, but the results are worth it. If you like this type of exercise, if you like pushing yourself, then Keelo is for you!
- user-friendly interface.
- It has strength and conditioning, warm-ups, and many more types of exercise.
- Guided steps make the workouts easy to follow.
- It has integrated timers and logging.
- One of the best premiums that offers coaching and much more!
- There is a premium feature, but it is not significant enough to affect your workouts.
- There are no other significant drawbacks.
The Sleep Cycle
Everyone knows that the best way to progress is through recovery. Exercise and dieting are only parts of the triangle, and recovery is the last piece. Available for both iOS and Android, Sleep Cycle comes with a load of features.
Sleep Cycle takes data while you sleep, like how long you’re sleeping for on average, how many sleep cycles you go through, and when the best time to wake you up is!
That’s right! This app knows the best time to wake you up so that you don’t wake up feeling like crap! One of my favorite free fitness apps; the sleep cycle is a must!!
- Loads of data and tracking like time going to bed, time waking up, average number of movements, etc.
- Soothing sounds to help you sleep.
- It shows you the weather upon waking.
- It can be converted into a step and activity tracking app through its “RunKeeper” feature.
- This app can link to your lights to wake you!
- It has to run all night, which will affect battery life.
- It will pick up any movement, including from pets or partners.
- Having the phone there is almost a bit distracting, and I found it a bit harder to fall asleep as I was consciously thinking about every movement or breath I made.
There are tons of fitness apps out there, and while they all have their pros and cons, there can be some really good ones! I hope you found this list useful because each of these apps has the potential to benefit you in some way!